What is CBT?
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a structured way of changing how YOU think and feel about stressful and upsetting situations so that outcomes of these are then positive, instead of negative for you. Changing how you think about something changes how you feel about it and hence what you do about troubling issues. CBT provides a self-managed, focused and practical approach to solving personal problems and is a rapidly growing and accepted form of therapy, focused in the present day..
What sort of problems can CBT help?
- Fears, depression, panic attacks, anxiety & stress
- Confidence and self-esteem issues
- Working with unhelpful habits and weight issues
- Managing perceived pain associated with chronic conditions
- Physical conditions where emotional aspects may worsen symptoms, eg IBS, skin problems, migraines
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), OCD, PND (Post Natal Depression).
YOU identify your own issues and set your own treatment goals. With the CBT Therapist as your ally, YOU develop realistic, manageable strategies to change problematic thinking and behaviours – for good.
How can Homeopathy help with CBT?
Homeopathic remedies individual to you can assist your own insight into clear, objective thinking about what’s troubling you and hence can influence how things affect and influence you - regardless of whether your problem is physical or emotional. Additionally, Homeopathy strengthens your constitution and general resistance to illness.
How many sessions would I need?
CBT is a short-term therapy. Usual treatment plans are 5 or 6 weekly sessions, depending upon individual need and presenting issue, with a maximum of 15 sessions.In CBT, the most important factor is YOU and your overall commitment & drive to put yourself back on track
So many of my patients, adults and children alike, present with allergies, sensitivities and allergic conditions like eczema, asthma, hayfever, rhinitis, candida etc. Homeopathy always seeks to establish causes for any health complaint, and kinesiological muscle testing can be most helpful to pin down suspect substances or allergens, should this be necessary. This simple and non-invasive method of testing communicates directly with your body so that false readings are avoided and allergen substances can be pinpointed accurately.
- Homeopathic remedies target not only your symptoms of discomfort but also any underlying susceptibilities you may have to your particular condition.
- Allergy elimination is then further addressed by making the correct lifestyle and/or dietary changes.
- Homeopathy is also used to soothe cravings and addictions like sugar and smoking, which are so often at fault for many troublesome symptoms. Please contact me for more information on Homeopathy's holistic and individualised approach to dealing with allergic conditions
Why are there so many allergies around today?
Put briefly and simply, the amount of toxins and harsh chemicals in our daily lives has increased drastically over the past few years and continues to do so. Many toxins we are just not aware of and we don't realise the potential impact of so many everyday products, food additives and preservatives and general pollution upon our health.
Babies (especially), small children and adults are over-vaccinated; antibiotics and prescription drugs are vastly over-prescribed on a long term basis; household cleaning and personal care products contain an alarming amount of chemicals; so much of our so-called fresh food is irradiated or frozen in transit, treated with pesticides, grown in poor soil or just over-processed; non-organic meat and meat products also contain dubious chemical substances; farmed fish come from polluted waters; traffic and other environmental pollution can be intense in certain areas; mobile phone masts and Wi-Fi spots proliferate; we spend FAR too long on mobile phones; FAR too much of our food is microwaved ... shall I go on ..?!